Arguments and Attempts to be an Awarenivore

Arguments and Attempts to be an Awarenivore

August 06, 2010

Recent Recipes and more to try

Zucchini exploding season. We have our own coming from the garden, and last night I picked up a CSA share from Jericho Settler's Farm because a friend was out of town and was nice enough to give it to us! So, herein I am drowning in the zukes. I secretly desired this overload after reading Kingsolver's Animal, Vegetable, Miracle. :)

I finally got to make the recipe I was tortured with during my fast. :)

Zucchini Ricotta Cheesecake

I made it alongside a local chicken (left from our Applecheek farm meat share) flavored with sage and oregano from the garden. The meal was 95% local, and 50% from my own garden. Lovin' this kind of pride :)

The cheesecake (savory) recipe calls or just the right amount of lemon zest and dill - you can taste each element on it's own.

I get so many recipe ideas from 101cookbooks.com - her photos are what do it. The recipes are usually simple, or at least she makes them seem so, and her photography just places me in a quiet kitchen, surrounded by wood and ceramics...lovely.

Recipes I will be trying soon...

Spiced tomato gratin
Cianfotta

Garden update - tomatoes have also begun to turn red, baby delicata squash on the vine, carrots ready any time we are! Ah, let's throw more parties/potlucks, i want to cook for you all!

No comments: