Arguments and Attempts to be an Awarenivore

Arguments and Attempts to be an Awarenivore

November 30, 2009

The best peanut butter...ever

Soy, soy, soy.
With the help of The Nutty Vermonter I made some spicy peanut noodles. (she has recipes on her site, but I kind of just threw this one together.)

Package of firm tofu
peanut oil
2 scallions
a red pepper, sliced thinly
parsley
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 c of Maple and Chipotle Triple Nut Butter

one roll of Udon noodles (for serving one, use more noodles for more people)

saute the tofu and red peppers in the oil for a few minutes, then add the rest of the ingredients - all while boiling the udon noodles (8 mins). It's a very quick dinner. I am so happy I had all of this on hand.

It's a bit spicy, and my sauce was pretty thick actually. But it was good, and I have leftovers to put right alongside the Thanksgiving leftovers in the fridge. Not really a local recipe...but you can get many local ingredients - plus I like always love to support my local peanut butter lady ;)

The Maple and Ginger Triple Nut Butter is FRICKIN AWESOME. I want to get more...

Going to pick Jamie up and work - and oh yeah, I haven't showered yet after yoga...ew.

No comments: