Arguments and Attempts to be an Awarenivore

Arguments and Attempts to be an Awarenivore

July 28, 2010

Blessed Herbs, Morning 3

This morning I woke up with abdominal cramps - all night wanted to get up to go, but our upstairs toilet is not working so well. I have been taking two of the digestive stimulators at night, but i think it may be too many. I have already gone to the bathroom 5 times. I am only going to take one tonight, and I am also going to take fewer toxin absorber shakes, drinking simply more juice, tea and water.

Part of doing this cleanse is the idea that it will give my digestive system a break, but as of right now, I feel like it is working overtime to pump all this stuff out.

Side note* I had interesting dreams about walking in late to an anatomy and physiology class, taught by my old (passed on) professor/advisor/poet, John Engels.


So, this morning I had a 1/2 cup of juice, and a couple of tablespoons of raw coconut oil. Everyone has their 'cures.' The internet is beautiful in many ways, giving me access to a multitude of different opinions and ideas, but what it really leaves one with is making decisions on our own. It's hard to know who the 'experts' are, and what to trust. This goes perfectly with my 'awarenivore' experiment - another reason I feel like I should stick it through.

It's hard not to feel like I am cultivating an eating disorder, but again, this is mind over matter. I just remind myself that I love food, I love my body, and I am truly trying to do good things for it. This is an experimentation in confidence and conviction. Do I believe in this idea enough to stick it through? To not let other people's (which may also simply be another uninformed opinion) effect what I am doing for myself? This morning I thought, halfway through, perhaps I am subconsciously looking for a way out in reading those things... ;)

To be aware is to have knowledge, be informed and conscious. To gain this, I think one must also gain personal experience. Without that, all one really gives is hearsay.

No comments: